Sunday, February 22, 2009

Breaking News


I managed to purchase some new books for the reading lounge over the February vacation.  I have listed them below.  Notice that I used italics to indicate the titles since novels qualify as longer works (underlining is also acceptable).  How many of you remember how to indicate the title of a poem or short story?  What about a movie?  Let me know when you see me in class.  You just might win a prize.  :)

Little Brother, by Cory Doctorow
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
Inexcusable, by Chris Lynch
Gamer Girl, by Mari Mancusi
The Road of the Dead, by Kevin Brooks
Paper Towns, by John Green
Suicide Notes, by Michael Thomas Ford (I tried this one over break and was hugely disappointed.)
Freaky Green Eyes, by Joyce Carol Oates

I also picked up another copy of Todd Strasser's amazing novel Boot Camp.  Obviously, some of these books will need to be read by me before they are available.  -Mr. Lang